Wednesday 4 April 2012

Too Tired To Care... Again?

This is kind of getting ridiculous. I only managed four hours last night. Four hours! It's hardly anything. But I'll stop complaining as, well, complainers can kind of grate on a person. 

I did manage to have an awesome day with Steven. We found some time to walk to the shops in search of a coffee grinder. Recently, I accidentally bought coffee beans to use in with a coffee plunger. Not accidental as in accidentally pushing the coffee beans through the scanner and accidentally having correct change falling out of my wallet. Just accidental in that I was not reading the label properly and just picked up any flavour which sounded good. 
We found no grinder but my mother phoned me to tell me that her blender can grind coffee beans as well. Problem solved. 

As it was around lunchtime, we looked for an oasis. Finding none, we settled instead on a tiny pancake place. It's a place that sells pancakes and you can sit at a table, so yeah, pancake place is the best name for it I can come up with.
I was craving a shaken (not stirred) milk with strawberry flavouring so I ordered one. Steven opted for a chocolate one. And for filling our stomachs, I asked for toasted white bread with salami and cheddar cheese. Steven, who actually likes pancakes, went for... pancakes. Expected a twist did you? Sorry.

I really enjoyed the milkshake and the toasted sandwich was not the best ever, but still quite good. But sadly for Steven, one of his pancakes caught the attention of a passing bee. She was probably quite hungry or whatever bees experience, as she took it upon herself to tuck right in. Steven was not too happy with her cheekiness. And it's not really like you can politely ask her to leave. Impolitely asking her to leave is an even worse idea. Bees are to be treated with respect, one wrong move and she'll kamikaze her stinger right into the offending person. All we could really do was watch her eat. In a way, it was kind of cute. Bees don't usually make a nuisance of themselves. At least, nowhere near the level that flies do. The bee ate happily and we ended our dining experience.

We did manage to grind some coffee a bit earlier, have our eyes roll back because of the glorious smell, and use the grounded coffee in the plunger. And, as I always say, coffee tends to smell much more awesome than what it tastes. But it's fine, we're going to perfect it. I should just keep an eye on my caffeine intake...

Thankful!
For sugar. Without it, coffee would not taste as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment