Wednesday 14 March 2012

Taking Sides

Right. A very cranky and tired person is typing now. Let's hope it all turns out well for humanity. I didn't sign up for insomnia when I got pregnant, and yet I suffer from it. Curses.

Yesterday, I mentioned about worrying what side to sleep on. And with my very limited research into the matter, it really sounds like the experts are all for sleeping on your left hand side, especially later on in pregnancy. From what I can understand, there's two big reasons. The first is that the baby is encouraged to take a good birthing position when you sleep on your left side. And the weight of the uterus can be too heavy if you sleep on your back or right side and cause blood flow problems and such. Who knew? Well, the experts and others who have been advised about this, but still. I just wonder how mankind made it this far without all this knowledge...

I've just been amazed by a film I barely watched. It's about owls that look for guardians or something, but the part which really impressed me was their feathers. It was so gorgeously animated!

Thankful!
I didn't sleep well last night. At all. But I did get some hours of sleep, which I am very thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment